Κυριακή 13 Δεκεμβρίου 2020

Best way to assemble moving parts of robot arm gripper

paythelady.61 shared this article with you from Inoreader

Inspired by this robot arm, I'm designing something similar to use for lab automation. However, I'm somewhat uncertain how long the smaller moving parts of the gripper will stay intact, because if they are fixed with a metal screw and nut, there will be a lot of wear-and-tear with constant use (the robot will most likely be moving 24/7). It's ok if I have to renew parts every few months, but having to do that every other day would be very annoying. For the gripper material I'm favouring PETG, but also have ABS (or PLA) as an alternative. So now my somewhat silly question: are there any better (and also easy to do) methods to have the moving parts (gears) connected to the gripper body, other than just a simple screw and nut? I have thought of some kind of metal bolt, but I can't finde anything that fits the need in local hardware stores. I've tried printing a bolt, but it was not smooth enough to allow for low-friction movement. Using a piece of filament to put it through the gear hole and melting its ends seems to offer some trouble with correctly aligning the gears and also presents the danger of melting some parts.

Thanks in advance, Pascal

PS: Sorry for the bad tag, there was no fitting one and I wasn't allowed to create any.

View on the web

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις